Polymer blend that is a single-phase structure.
- Modified from previous definition. The definition proposed here is preferred because it emphasizes the requirement for homogeneity over @MT07230-1@.
- For a @P04736-2@ to be miscible it must obey the thermodynamic criteria of @MT07230-2@.
- @MT07230-3@ is sometimes assigned erroneously on the basis that a blend exhibits a single Tg or is optically clear.
- The miscible system can be thermodynamically @S05900@ or @M03872@.
- For components of chain structures that would be expected to be miscible, @MT07230-4@ may not occur if molecular architecture is changed, e.g., by @CT07136@.
PAC, 2007, 79, 1801. 'Definitions of terms relating to the structure and processing of sols, gels, networks, and inorganic-organic hybrid materials (IUPAC Recommendations 2007)' on page 1817 (https://doi.org/10.1351/pac200779101801)