Catalytic activity of the component divided by the volume of the system.
- In clinical chemistry litre is recommended as unit for the volume.
- In clinical chemistry the component is usually an enzyme.
- The term catalytic concentration is accepted for use in clinical chemistry.
- Use of the term level as a synonym for concentration is deprecated.
- In describing a quantity, concentration must be clearly differentiated from content.
PAC, 1996, 68, 957
(Glossary of terms in quantities and units in Clinical Chemistry (IUPAC-IFCC Recommendations
on page 964
IUPAC. Compendium of Chemical Terminology, 2nd ed. (the "Gold Book"). Compiled by
A. D. McNaught and A.Wilkinson. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford (1997).
XML on-line corrected version: http://goldbook.iupac.org (2006-) created by M. Nic,
J. Jirat, B. Kosata; updates compiled by A. Jenkins. ISBN 0-9678550-9-8. https://doi.org/10.1351/goldbook