When a @[email protected] is colloidally @[email protected] the formation of aggregates is called @[email protected] or @[email protected] Some authors distinguish between @[email protected] and @[email protected], the latter implying the formation of a loose or open @[email protected] which may or may not separate macroscopically. The loose structure formed in this way is called a floc.
PAC, 1972, 31, 577. (Manual of Symbols and Terminology for Physicochemical Quantities and Units, Appendix II: Definitions, Terminology and Symbols in Colloid and Surface Chemistry) on page 610 [Terms] [Paper]