Macroscopically homogeneous mixture of two or more different species of polymer.
- In most cases, blends are homogeneous on scales larger than several times the wavelengths of @[email protected] light.
- In principle, the constituents of a blend are separable by physical means.
- No account is taken of the @[email protected] or @[email protected] of the @[email protected] macromolecules, i.e., no assumption is made regarding the number of phase domains present.
- The use of the term @[email protected] for a polymer blend is discouraged, as the former term includes multiphase copolymers but excludes incompatible polymer blends.
- The number of @[email protected] components which comprise a blend is often designated by an adjective, viz. binary, ternary, quaternary, etc.