Macroscopically homogeneous mixture of two or more different species of polymer.
- In most cases, blends are homogeneous on scales larger than several times the wavelengths of @VT07496@ light.
- In principle, the constituents of a blend are separable by physical means.
- No account is taken of the @MT07230@ or @IT07239@ of the @C01281@ macromolecules, i.e., no assumption is made regarding the number of phase domains present.
- The use of the term @PT07264@ for a polymer blend is discouraged, as the former term includes multiphase copolymers but excludes incompatible polymer blends.
- The number of @M03667@ components which comprise a blend is often designated by an adjective, viz. binary, ternary, quaternary, etc.